Friday, March 28, 2008

Medical Exam Day

Well, today I had my medical exam. Not knowing what to expect, I showed up with the worst thoughts in my mind. "is my blood pressure going to peg their gauge or will I pass the eye exam"...

I walk in and fill out some seemingly meaningless paperwork. Then the nurse goes to work on me checking my blood pressure, height, weight, then my eyes. All of which I passed just fine. Then she takes me into the examination room and hands me the "hospital dress". You know, the one where your behind is exposed. The first thing that goes through my mind is "DOH, I hope the FAA doesn't need to know this much about me".

In the end, I walked out just fine no worse for the wear. With the medical card in hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fun. When I went in they didn't give me one of those gowns, but they instead sat me in the exam room alone for 10 minutes to stare at a big poster about colonoscoies and a huge hospital sized (it actually said hospital sized) tube of surgical lube with the cap off. I sat there thinking "Oh god I don't want a camera up my backside!" Great for the blood pressure readings I'm sure :)