High hopes of soloing today were shot down today. I couldn't get things to click, therefore no solo. If you ever hear "some days will be good, some will be bad". To my opinion, this would be considered one of the bad.
Flare, airspeed, calls, you name it I failed it. I am not sure what the reason was, but I am glad that this day has passed.
One good thing that happened yesterday is that I completed the pre-solo written exam. The exam had 50 questions that did take a fair amount of time. They give you the exam to take home, which was nice b/c some of the questions I had to use my FAR/AIM book to find the answers. This was good b/c it gave me a great exposure to the AIM portion. I never really utilized this portion, but there is a ton of good information that is written in terms I can understand.
Next Sunday is my next flight, I look forward to redeeming myself. I have removed any anticipations of soloing and have decided to concentrate on fixing the areas that I didn't do so well in my last flight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know how this feels. I had the same thing happen. Be prepared for next time though! After my first possible solo day went south I did the same thing - forget about solo and focus on the flying. As soon I put the expectations of solo behind me everything clicked. On my next flight 3 up 3 down and it all just clicked. Before I knew it I was taxiing back to let off the instructor and heading back out with a signed solo endorsement. It's a truly exhilarating feeling, especially when you rotate and you feel earths grasp let go. It's the ultimate high, followed by the realization that it's all up to you to get back down. But you'll find you remember everything you were taught and gain a huge boost in your confidence as a new pilot. You'll remember that day for the rest of your life.
Chris
Post a Comment