
Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I did fly two weekends ago, Nate and I flew to Janesville then over to Monroe and then back. It was a great flight, saw a lot of water damage, flooding, etc...Before the flight I had to create my first flight plan. That let me say was a complete pain in the A$. It was my first one, so it took me a super long time to calculate everything that was required. After I figured out that dumb wiz wheel things started working better. I am looking forward to purchasing a digital flight computer. I mean come-on, it's 2008.
With the increase in the cost of flying and the longer time in the plane, this flight was fairly expensive. Thus the reason I have not left the ground in two weeks. I hope to fly this weekend again though. If nothing else then to just go up for some solo flight. But I hear it is going to be windy, so that may squash my chance.
All in all the cross country flight was exactly what I needed after doing pattern work for so long. I see now why it is so important to be proficient at landing before venturing off to another airport. I was so busy calculating way points, fuel burn, time to next point, talking to flight service, to Janesville tower, etc... that I didn't have time to be fumbling with the landings.
There are several things I need to do yet. I am thinking about developing a check list so I can see the goals left and what I can double up on during the same flights.
Until next time.
PS congratulations Chris on passing your check ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment