Sunday, April 6, 2008

Flight 10

According to Greek Mythology "Aeolus", is the ruler of the winds. Today, Aeolus has made his way all of the way to West Bend, Wisconsin. With 13Knot winds, gust to 16Knots I aviated around the pattern twice before working my way east for a little ground reference maneuver practice.

During my first take off, I was thinking "OMG, this is nuts". I have not experienced turbulence like this yet. It became warm inside the cockpit pretty fast... With troubles, I was successful at bringing the plane back to the earth much better than I thought I was able to do. Nate, my instructor said I did a pretty good job; so I was happy. After last weekend a decent landing in these conditions was a really good boost to my confidence level. Although I did not solo today, I walked away from the plane with more knowledge than when I entered.

One final note, WB Air decided to hike the cost of flying. Raising the rental ($5) and fuel surcharge ($1.50) which resulted in a plane increase of 7.65%. Mean while, the cost of the instructor remains steady, I guess their inputs have not changed. Maybe a letter in the mail or a simple email notifying me of this increase before hand would have been nice. I am not against adjusting prices with a rise in inputs (if required), so I have officially raised any of my services 7.65% (haha). I wonder if other airports around have done the same...???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Overall a bad weekend I guess. I went to the airport, found out about the price increase on Saturday. Got told I should really be in a 172 instead of the 152, so after 30 hours in a 152 I spent the day trying to learn the new V-speeds in a 172 on a gusty day as well. No new solo endorsement for me either! I agree it would have been nice to be notified of the price increases ahead of time, especially since we're all on the same flight schedule pro service!

Some days I feel like what started out as an adventure of enjoyment has spiraled into an exercise of futility. All we can do is hang in there though as in the end it's worth it!