Thursday, May 29, 2008

SOLO 3


Finally, solo 3 has been completed!!! If I have learned one thing through this process, I would not be cut out for NASCAR. Going around in circles every weekend defiantly wore on me; the good news is "it's time for some X-country".
Today was a very nice day, with winds from calm to 24004kts. Andy and I took off to pound out 3 TO&LD's before he let me go up by myself. They went well, he noted that I still need to work on my flair before touch down. So during my solo landings I made a super conscious effort to do so.
The 3 solo TO&LD's were fairly uneventful I am afraid. I suppose that is where we have been trying to get to though. The more we practice the landings, the more second nature they become.

So, what does this mean? Basically it means that I can fly by myself anytime I want, except for... Winds greater than 10kts, x-winds greater than 5kts, not further than 25miles from the airport, and not without a weather report from flight services... Today was a major step in the direction of obtaining my license. Even though I have many limitations on me, I still can hold the keys and go flying.

Being in the plane by myself is a great feeling. The only thing missing is being able to share it with the ones I love.

No comments: